Right now I’m thinking about this book that I had received as a prize for winning a Spelling Bee back in 2005 (I was 11). Back then I was more into dragons and Little Black Dress books, so I just put it on my shelf thinking maybe I’d donate it someday. Then, on one extremely dull day in the middle of December 2009, I decided to pick it up and try Philip Pullman’s The Scarecrow and His Servant (I would tell you it had been gathering dust, but I clean my shelves regularly), and I finished within a day. After that, I read it again. And again.
This is mainly the reason why I don’t give away books that I own but have not read yet, even though I’m fairly certain they’ll bore me to death. Because -who knows- maybe my tastes will change in the years to come and I’ll like end up liking them when I finally do decide to take a shot.
- combustiblefairycake reblogged this from fuckyeahreading
- callmeishmish likes this
- ruyanda likes this
- literati04 likes this
- brainwashedblackgirl likes this
- moral-disorder likes this
- coldastheclouds likes this
- emmalikessmiles reblogged this from fuckyeahreading
- fuckyeahreading reblogged this from tasteofadeadsun
- tasteofadeadsun posted this