Almost A Woman
I actually was not planning on doing any book reviews any time soon. But, I had to read this book for my Feminist Studies class so I decided that I might as well do a review on it. It shall be short and brief because I have some more homework to do.
This book is a memoir about Esmeralda Santiago’s teenage years. She moved from Puerto Rico to New York City at the age of thirteen with her mother and siblings. This novel talks about how it is like to grow up in the United States and how she adapts to the life there. You get to see all the things she goes through and she starts to become a young women in New York.
The struggles she goes through to figure out the kind of person she is, falling in and out of love… Anything a teenage girl would go through. It was definitely a good read and I absolutely recommend it.
My rating is
- beka-beka likes this
- hatercakesss likes this
- destination30 likes this
- sarahcantthinkofanythingbetter likes this
- tulipsandpoppies likes this
- thesearepeopleyouknow likes this
- youcancallmedoctor reblogged this from fuckyeahreading
- hakly likes this
- vanillasheabutter likes this
- fuckyeahreading reblogged this from thebook-lover
- mysoundsoul likes this
- thebook-lover posted this