Even some of the biggest bookworms around have books in their library that have never been opened, no matter how many times they swear to the El that those books will get read. On top of this pile of unread books, more books are waiting to be bought on your list!!
Well, that’s my current situation. If I had more money for leisure, I’d probably go right ahead and by the whole Pocket Poets series with three quarters of my library still caked with dust. Alas, I am financially broke, but literarily (??) broke I am not. I have a treasure trove of political satire, social turmoil, and human dilemmas in my closet, fiction and nonfiction, print and digital. Imustfinish these books first before I buy any new ones!!
And that’s my plan for the next months, years, however long it may take. To keep myself motivated, I’m giving myself rewards, the grand prize being a shopping spree in SF’s City Lights Bookstore.
Wish me luck. I really want to dive into some Ginsberg at the end of this journey.
First up: Ayn Rand’sAtlas Shrugged. Well, I started it, and now I have to finish it no matter how painful. On deck is a Christmas gift I received from my high school geography teacher, Mental Floss’sHistory ofthe World.
- networkdeskpeon likes this
- deergirl-amelia likes this
- heidirosebud likes this
- sarahcantthinkofanythingbetter reblogged this from fuckyeahreading and added:
- sarahcantthinkofanythingbetter likes this
- daniellego likes this
- sweetestlittlebookworm likes this
- suburbanwit likes this
- daisypinwheel likes this
- bipolab3ar likes this
- theflailingneverstops likes this
- sophiepierre likes this
- mooseliciious reblogged this from fuckyeahreading and added:
- theblackwallflower likes this
- fuckyeahreading reblogged this from litstudies
- ashleighelaine likes this
- litstudies posted this